How to learn Java: Where to learn Java for beginners.
Java is quite an old programming language but still holds the top spot while considering any language to learn. Java keeps on coming with an update, making it always head to head with the competition. There are so many programming languages in the world, some are very old, while some are new and comes with unique features. Ever wondered with so many competition why maximum people prefer Java over other languages. Java is a great language and people always wonder how to learn java and importantly where to learn java to gain more knowledge in less time and implement it in their projects.
Today I will show you the importance of Java language, it’s advantages, where to implement this, how to get started with this, and from where to learn Java. I will also share some best IDE for Java which you can use in 2020 to learn a fast yet easy way to run Java programs. Let’s dive in and see what we got today. First, let’s start by seeing what is Java and why people are so crazy about it.
What is Java?
Java is class-based, an object-oriented programming language that is designed to have a few implementations of dependencies as possible. The Java language project was initiated by James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton in June 1991. Currently, Java is owned by Oracle. The name “JAVA” came from Java coffee. This language works on the principle of write-once(WORA), run anywhere means compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java without needing recompilation. Java programs are compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine(JVM) regardless of the underlying computer architecture.
The five primary principles or goals in the creation of the Java language were:-
- The language must be simple, object-oriented, and familiar.
- The language must be secure and robust.
- The language must be portable and architecture-neutral.
- The language must execute with high performance
- The language must be interpreted, threaded, and dynamic.
What can you do with Java:
Java language holds a variety of usage and different unique features which make it an all-rounder programming language. Some of the most important things which this mighty language is capable of are as follows:-
- Java is primarily used for Mobile Application Development (especially Android apps ). Google made Java, The primary language for android app development.
- Java is used to make applets and beautiful Desktop applications.
- Java is also used in web applications.
- Java is used in Web servers and application servers because of it’s higher security features.
- Java can be used to make beautiful and great games.
- Java is used for Database connections.
- And much more interesting stuff.
Why choose Java over other languages:
Java is the people’s first priority when it comes to programming languages, Let’s find out what makes it so great and mighty and gives it so much potential to compete with other good programming languages in the market.
- Java works on a large no. of different platforms such as Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- Java is one of the most advanced and popular programming languages in the world.
- Java is very easy to learn and very simple to use.
- Java is open-source and free, making it best for learning and implementing.
- Java is very secure, powerful and fast
- Java has huge community support means you will find each and every answer to your problem.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language that provides a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused which will eventually lower the development cost.
- Java is similar to C++ and C# languages, making it easy for programmers to switch to Java and vice versa.
How to learn Java in 2020:
1. Books and E-Books
There is a lot of Java language learning books available in the market which will guide you to learn Java from beginners to advance. Reading books and practicing or implementing the lessons on the Java IDE will have much impact on your learning pace. There are also many E-Books which you can find online in the form of PDFs. Some E-books can be found free of cost and can be the best solution for starting as a beginner. Reading books will provide you theoretical knowledge and implementing the things learned on IDE will polish your knowledge and skills. Some of those informational books are:
2. Tutorials from Websites and apps
In today’s Era Online education has become a prime source of information gaining element. There are many website and applications in the market which will help your easy understanding of the programming languages and help you to practice the coding by providing various types of materials and elements. One of the major factors to consider these websites is that it will maintain the flow of knowledge and teach you the topics sequentially. Interesting thing is that these sources are free of cost. The most important thing to mention that these websites and apps are absolutely free to use and learn. They provide in-depth knowledge of the language. Some of the top websites and apps are:
3. Online Video Lectures
Learning from graphical things has been considered far superior to the things which are just written. Seeing and learning from videos is the best way to learn any programming languages. Nowadays websites like udemy, Coursera, and udacity provide courses that are of superior quality and give assignments and checks the work progress regularly to maintain consistency in the flow of learning. The videos provided by them are sequential and will help you to learn python rhythmically. Some courses can also be downloaded and can also be consumed whenever you want to revise your knowledge. These contents are so rich with the knowledge that you won’t regret gaining information from these videos and assignments. Some of the beneficial courses of udemy, Coursera, and udacity are:
- Oracle Certification: Mastering Java for Beginners & Experts
- Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners
- Java Programming: Step by Step from A to Z
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java Specialization
- Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals Specialization
- Android Basics by Google
- Complete Java Bootcamp! Swing, JavaFX, PostgreSQL, JDBC, JSP
- Java and Android Fundamentals
Hope you like the content and the information shared by me. If you find this post knowledgeable and learned something new and interesting today then please share this post with your friends and family members and help the optimistic coder to spread informational contents. Thank You.
2 thoughts on “How to learn Java: Where to learn Java for beginners.”
10/10! Is there anything more I should do next? Or is this a good start?
Just go through the tutorials on the given websites or on apps